Digital & Physical
Browsing through the events in the program, you’ll find an important distinction between two main categories: Digital & Physical.
A number of different formats, some of which are inspired by tried-and-tested formulas, others that are completely new:
- Food Talks
- How It’s Made
- Five episodes of the Relay from around the world, one from each continent
- Master of Food webinars
- An Ark of Taste theater show for schools
Over the following months we’re going to build up a series of events coordinated by our worldwide network, wherever health & safety regulations allow. You can Be Part of Terra Madre too, if you have an event you’re planning that fits our festival program.
For now, in our physical event calendar, you’ll find some of our more classic activities – Taste Workshops, Dinner Dates, Whose farmer? – which will be held in Turin from October 8-12. But this is just a small part of what we’re envisaging.
Below are a few examples of the kinds of events we’re working towards:
- Dinners organized by the Slow Food Cooks’ Alliance and the cooks of Slow Food Osterias
- Activities in the Cities of Terra Madre that involve host families in Turin and Piedmont, to safeguard the precious heritage of hospitality they’ve built up over the years
- Action Days on specific themes, planned internationally, where the network focuses on actions that are both practical and symbolic
- Earth Markets where producers and consumers can establish direct contact
- Live guided tastings organized by convivia, by Slow Food Communities and by local groups, to pay tribute to the diversity of every locality
And much, much more! We don’t want to set any limit to our ambitions, and when we’re asking the Slow Food network to be the protagonist, there never should be.