Organized by the Office for International Cooperation and Peace of the City of Turin and in collaboration with Creative Torino and the Office for Interculture and Youth Services, we present the European project Food Wave. Empowering Urban Youth for Climate Action (Dear 2020-2024).
Food Wave is a project coordinated by the City of Milan in partnership with 16 local authorities and 13 civil society organizations from 16 European countries and one Latin American country. The project aims to increase the knowledge, awareness and commitment of young people (15 million people aged between 15 and 35) on sustainable food practices, both for its production and consumption, that can help mitigate the effects of climate change. We approach this theme through youth activism and youth influencers, and the involvement of youth gathering places across the city through all communication tools (street art, music, film production, etc).
The project is the latest educational initiative for development and global citizenship promoted by Turin on these issues, following in the footsteps of 4Cities4Dev: Good, clean and fair food for all: the experience of food communities (2011-2013), Food Smart Cities For Development (Dear 2015-2016) and The recipes of dialogue (Aics-Ecg 2017-2019).
- Marco Alessandro Giusta, Councillor for Rights, youth policies, multiculturalism and international cooperation
- Maria Bottiglieri, International Cooperation and Peace Office City of Turin
- Serena Alaimo, Slow Food
- Florence Egal, Medical Nutritionist, former FAO and MUFPP expert
- Maurizia Sandrini, LVIA
- Emanuela Vita, Municipality of Milan, Project Manger Food Wave
- Federica Candelaresi, BJCEM (Biennale des Jeunes Créateurs de l’Europe et de la Méditerranée)
- Gaetano Capizzi, Festival CinemAmbiente
- Ivano Casalegno, Arteria Onlus Association
- Bernardo Scursatone, Association Monkeys EvolutionTranslated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Free event. You can register to follow it on Zoom or watch it live streaming (in Italian only) at this link.
Event organized by:
Event languages: IT