The 4th capacity building webinar of the BRIGHT project will focus on discussing practical ways in which we can reach citizens, farmers, producers and engage them in actions to guarantee the rights of underrepresented citizens, in generla, agri-workers.
The BRIGHT – Building RIGHTs-based and Innovative Governance is funded by the Right, Equality and Citizenship programme of the European Union. It promotes innovative governance public-public partnerships for social inclusion focusing on improving the awareness and the exercise of EU citizenship rights of mobile women employed in low-labour standards sectors. In particular, it targets 800 Romanian and Bulgarian mobile women employed in agriculture in Southern Italy and 400 potential female workers in the sending countries. The project partners are: ActionAID International Italia Onlus (Italy) – Lead Partner, LABSUS – Laboratorio per la sussidiarietà (Italy), Consiglio per la ricerca in agricoltura e l’analisi dell’economia agraria (Italy), Fundatia Centrul Parteneriat Pentru Egalitate (Romania), Foundation Gender Project For Bulgaria (Bulgaria), ALDA – European Association for Local Democracy (Belgium).
In particular, the discussion will cover the following topics:
- Which kind of concrete instruments can be used in the creation of efficient awareness-raising campaigns from the bottom-up?
- How can we make sure that these actions answer to the needs of workers?
- How can we move from the study or the protest to a proposal?
These are the questions that will lead our discussion during the webinar through a simultaneous focus on migrant workers and women, their difficulties, their needs and their rights. The webinar will be held in English but a simultaneous translation will be provided, please refer to the registration form for details. Our guests speakers will be:
- Dolinda Cavallo, ALDA
- Grazia Moschetti, ActionAid
- Yvan Sagnèt, NoCap
- Elisabatta Uroni, ALDA
- Gaia Salvatori, Slow Food. For additional information, click here. Event organized by ALDA (European Association for Local Democracy ).
Event languages: EN, ES, IT