In the closing stages of this edition of Terra Madre Salone del Gusto, we present the Slow Food Coffee Coalition, an open network that unites all the stakeholders in the coffee supply chain. From farmers to consumers, baristas and chefs, to companies who think and act collaboratively towards a common goal: good, clean and fair coffee for all.
The main ambition of the Slow Food Coffee Coalition is to create new connections and improve the relationship between the first and the last protagonists in the chain, the farmers and consumers, by increasing the visibility of those who grow it, promoting the identity of their coffee, and creating more awareness among those who drink it.
This project is an initiative of Slow Food and Lavazza, who have worked together since the mid-1990s, and is open to farmers, traders, roasters, baristas, cooks, consumers, companies and institutions who are committed to a future for coffee that involves the conservation of nature and biodiversity, food security, social inclusion and rights, transparency and traceability.
- Carlo Petrini, president of Slow Food
- Giuseppe Lavazza, Vice President of Lavazza Group
With video contributions from:
- Ferran Adrià, president of elBullifoundation
- Stephany Escamilla Femat, producer of the Slow Food Bosque, niebla y café Xalapa Community (Mexico)
- Osvaldo Zucchino, producer of El Gigante Coffee (Guatemala)
Moderator: Massimo Giannini, Director of La Stampa
Event languages: IT, EN