Skilled craftsmen who preserved and transmitted the authentic Sibiu Salami recipe from one generation to the next, respect for tradition and craftsmanship to obtain a product with a history of over 100 years are an inspiration to all of today’s top producers.
Established on May 7, 2014, Asociatia Producatorilor de Salam de Sibiu IGP din Romania (the Association of PGI Sibiu Salami Producers) brings together the only ones accredited to produce the real Sibiu Salami: Agricola Bacau, Aldis Calaraşi, H & E Reinert Brasov, Salsi Sinaia and Scandia Romania.
The Mission of the Association is to defend the Protected Geographical Indication and support the sustainable development of production, as well as to support producers both nationally and internationally.
Producers with the accreditation of Asociatia Producatorilor de Salam de Sibiu IGP din Romania
- Agricola Bacău, established more than 57 years ago, represents a group of close-knit businesses who work together to give Romanians the freshness of homemade products as they have known it since time immemorial.
- Aldis, as a constant presence on the Romanian market for 26 years, sells highest-quality products, always perfecting the taste of Romanian sausages and cured meat.
- Reinert, just as it did in 1931, H&E Reinert, a family business, joins today traditional values and modern technology.
- Salsi Sinaia, dating back to 1920, is Romania’s first dry sausage factory, whose products are famous throughout the region. Today’s sausage makers faithfully follow the original craft and recipes.
- Scandia Romania‘s specialistic team keeps alive a tradition more than 90-years old, offering tasteful, nourishing food through innovative products that provide the balance needed in a dynamic lifestyle.
- Cris-Tim is one of the best-known companies operating on the Romanian sausage and cured meat market. Its business philosophy is built around family, quality, earnestness, and creativity, and its every business decision reflects the passion and enthusiasm of its people.