The Monsupello agricultural Company laid its foundations over a century ago, in 1893, when the Boatti family in Cà del Tava in the municipality of Oliva Gessi already dedicated itself to the care of their vineyards. In 1914 the Boattis bought another estate called Podere La Borla a few kilometers away in the municipality of Torricella Verzate. Here they built the cellar, the same one that today has been upgraded and modernized for the vinification of the grapes of the original farms and those gradually purchased.
In 1959, Carlo Boatti, impressed further development on the company, by acquiring new land in the municipalities of Casteggio, Redavalle, Pietra de’ Giorgi, redesigned the varietal structure with the introduction of new vines, implemented new cellar structures, built a modern winemaking, bottling and storage system for wines.
Today Monsupello is managed by the heirs of Carlo, his wife Carla and their children Pierangelo and Laura Boatti, supported by a trained technical staff in the vineyard and cellar coordinated by the winemaker Marco Bertelegni.
The 50 hectares of owned vineyards, cultivated to have low grape yields per hectare, the manual harvesting exclusively in boxes, the grape / wine yields below 55% are the commitment we make to present structured and harmonious wines that can give to the consumer of emotions.
The company is constantly evolving according to current market needs and is well determined to continue the path started by Carletto, based on qualitative objectives that have led it over time to the top of Italian winemaking, with numerous awards from the various guides.
Here are some images that tell who we are, our terroir, our philosophy …